Saturday 17 January 2015

Dorothy WIP

I've been making a new doll After receiving three blocks of clay from my other half for Christmas. The doll I'm working on is going to Dorothy gale from wizard of oz.

My first head (there are always several attempts) was this one.  After making it I decided the eyes were too close together, and after messing it up I had to work on it again.

This was version two. The mouth was too big and I needed to add more clay to the face in general.

More faffing and this is post baking.

This is where I'm at currently with the torso.  I was faffing with getting it realistic, but then realised I am going to sculpt on a blouse so I needent bother with details.  I'm using Katherine Deweys book creating lifelike figures in polymer clay to get my sizes correct, although somehow she's ended up a little bigger than the 1:8 scale I was working to.  

I love this book and can highly recommend it. I don't do my faces her way, and I piece my bodies together a bit differently, but her proportions and way of building up the body are great so I use it for that.   Out of the three sculpting books I've bought I think this one is the best and worth the money.  She goes into far more detail than other books where you have to just know to blend or already have sculpting knowledge.  
'

No comments:

Post a Comment