Thursday 25 July 2013

Little Doll Reveal

So I can finally tell you more about the little doll I reviewed in my last post.  She was a gift for a friend's birthday, and now that she has her I can reveal all.


Firstly I began making the head/face.  I used 4mm glass beads for the eyes.

Here you can see I've added the upper torso.  I had toyed with the idea of making a soft body but then I decided against it and went with a full clay doll.  You can see the armature wire and that I've padded/wrapped the wire with masking tape.


I added clay to the whole armature and series baked to avoid smooshing everything I had done.  Here I've given her some boobies and a nice cleavage, and once baked and cooled I painted on some underwear.  I added hair and painted on the makeup with acrylic paints. 


Here you can see I've painted on the bra and tights, painted her nails and painted her shoes.


Here I've glued on the dress bodice and the net underskirt.  She has some glue on her arm and chest which I removed with a craft blade once it had dried.

 
Here the dress is complete, but her hair needs cutting and tidying.

Also the shoes are missing some bling.


Front view.


Here I've added her to a glass jar I have decorated with some bling.


 Front view.

Here I've added a little bling to her hair.


Here is the finished doll.  You can't see very well in this photo but I've added a little handbag to her hands.

I hope that Rhian likes her little doll.  I really enjoyed making her.


No comments:

Post a Comment